Shipping of your order is done via PEP Stores’ PAXI parcel service. This is a drop and collect service where a courier transports your parcel and drops it off at the PEP branch of your choice, from where you collect it.
I have now sent hundreds of parcels with Paxi and lost only one due to a “security incident” (I assume hijacking or robbery) shortly after they launched the service in May 2018. Since then a few hiccups, but no more than with any other courier service and no further parcel losses.
R50 flat fee for the 7 – 9 work days economic option.
For an additional R50 (as instructed in your order confirmation email) you can upgrade the service to use RAM Couriers to transport your parcel, which typically delivers the parcel to any PEP in the country within 3 work days of collection. Please allow up to 5 work days to certain areas.
- Find the node number (Pxxxx) of your most convenient PEP branch and send it to me with your proof of payment (you can also include it in the address on your account so that it is on record)
- I drop the parcel at my local PEP and provide you with your parcel (tracking) number
- You can track the parcel’s progress on Paxi’s website
- Once the parcel arrives Paxi sends me a collection PIN which I will pass on to you as soon as I receive it
- Only go to PEP to collect the parcel once you have the collection PIN
The Courier Guy: If you prefer door-to-door delivery, we can use The Courier Guy at R130 for a parcel up to 15kg. I will need your physical address, phone number and day and time of day (preferably in a frame of 5-8 hours) that will be best for the delivery.
Postnet: Unfortunately I don’t have a local Postnet branch so that is not an option. The RAM Couriers Paxi option offers comparable speed at a similar price to Postnet.
SA Post Office: This is also an option, but will be more expensive than Paxi’s economy (base cost of R57 for the first kg + roughly R3 per extra book). Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a quote before you make your payment if you require post office shipping.